Bus Operator Paratransit (part-time)
Posted on 04/30/2021Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority - Des Moines, IA 50309
16.40 per hour Part Time
The Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART), the largest public transit agency in Iowa, is hiring for Part Time Paratransit Operators (30-40 hours per week).
Applicants with CDL license or CDL permits with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsements preferred. Must have customer service experience.
Due to the nature of services, this position requires a flexible schedule which may include split shifts, nights, and weekends.
The right candidates will have an excellent work history, ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and the desire to work with people and give back to the community.
DART has a competitive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Group Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- I.P.E.R.S. Retirement System
- Long Term Disability
- Wellness Center
- Uniform Allowance
Paratransit Bus Operator Job Summary: To provide essential door-to-door transportation service to children, elderly and/or passengers with disabilities through the safe operation of wheelchair accessible mini-buses, transit authority vans and other vehicles; adhere to the schedule and operate the onboard computer to communicate with dispatch; timely reporting of mechanical, traffic or behavioral problems encountered; maintain positive public relations with a broad range of passengers in the provision of ongoing transportation services.
- 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Possess (or be able to earn) a valid Iowa CDL w/Air Brake and Passenger endorsements.
- Physical exam, DOT drug screen and background check required.
- Must maintain driver insurability standards.
- Job-related experience is preferred.
- Ability to understand and navigate the city, suburbs and county streets and landmarks.
Please login to apply for this job.