RN or LPN 1st shift
Posted on 05/05/2020Green Hills Retirement Community - Ames, IA 50014
Since 1986, Green Hills has been addressing the growing needs of the retiring and senior communities. Today, Green Hills is one of two retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life Care Services (LCS), the nation's leading developer and manager of senior living communities.
We believe in the spirit of community. Green Hills is a community of shared experiences, culture, similarities and differences. We are committed to the quality of care for every resident.
Green Hills Retirement Community recognizes all that embodies the culture of service. Green Hills offers competitive wages, a rewarding experience, flexible schedules, and an excellent benefit package. Our compensation package is designed to benefit Green Hills employees personally and professionally.
Are you a combination of Wonder Woman, Superman/Supergirl, The Flash and Captain America? Those are comic book superheros but we are looking for REAL heros......RNs or LPNs that show what a real hero can be.
We will hire candidates who have successfully completed nursing education requirements while you wait to take licensing exams. Green Hills will pay exam costs for employees after 90 days of employment.
Green Hills has received a 5-star rating for it's quality of care and we are currently seeking applicants looking for a rewarding experience helping others to fill Charge Nurse positions on 1st shift.
Green Hills values you and offers financial assistance to help you maintain your license and further your education with Scholarships, Tuition Assistance and a Loan Repayment Program for nurses.
In addition to competitive pay and great benefits, you will be rewarded with smiles, hugs and a ton of love from our residents. Put on your cape and join our team of heroes!
Hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Staff members who are PRN must work at least 24 hours on the floor each month, 16 out of 24 hours must been completed on a weekend.
• Must be currently licensed RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) with the State Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Able to follow instructions in English and demonstrate an understanding of the English language.
• Able to use a computer and related applications; Microsoft Office is preferred.
• Negative pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Candidates must be able to work independently and make appropriate decisions consistent with established policies.
• Ability to supervise staff and maintain good working relationships.
• Must be able to demonstrate understanding, patience, tact, and courtesy in dealing with employees, residents, family and visitors.
• Ability to coordinate efforts toward maximum resident care.
This position operates under administrative authority and the Nurse Practice Act.
Previous supervisory experience in health care and geriatric care strongly desired.
While resumes are appreciated, in order to be considered for current open positions, you must complete an application.
Apply online at GreenHillsRC.com/Careers
Please login to apply for this job.