Posted on 05/05/2020Green Hills Retirement Community - Ames, IA 50014
16 per hour Full Time
Since 1986, Green Hills has been addressing the growing needs of the retiring and senior communities. Today, Green Hills is one of two retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life Care Services (LCS), the nation's leading developer and manager of senior living communities.
We believe in the spirit of community. Green Hills is a community of shared experiences, culture, similarities and differences. We are committed to the quality of care for every resident.
Green Hills Retirement Community recognizes all that embodies the culture of service. Green Hills offers competitive wages, a rewarding experience, flexible schedules, and an excellent benefit package. Our compensation package is designed to benefit Green Hills employees personally and professionally.
We are currently taking applications for a full-time Groundskeeper. Green Hills sits on a beautiful green 30-acre campus in a relaxed natural wooded setting minutes from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. Landscape features include a pond, natural prairie full of wildflowers, paved walking trails, a garden, and a therapeutic fountain.
Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions from the Director of Facilities and Landscape/Lawn Care Team Leader, the Groundskeeper Level I is responsible for landscape maintenance and repairs of a broad scope to the grounds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assure the grounds are well-groomed and free of trash, debris, and hazards.
- Assures walkways are clean and clear of hazards.
- Assists in the cultivation and care of shrubs, trees and flowers as directed by supervisor.
- Operate a variety of equipment with/without attachments including but not limited to mowers, tillers, post hole diggers, and snow plows.
- Assists, during winter months, with snow/ice removal efforts. Utilizing both power equipment, and manually.
- Completes work order requests within time frame assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with turf maintenance (mowing, edging, and trimming) as directed by supervisor.
- Accomplishes all work in the order of priority, set by supervisor. All work is to be performed in a professional manner, including high quality work practices, safety, neatness, thoroughness, follow-up, and clean-up.
- Maintains tools, supplies and equipment and makes minor repairs as directed by supervisor.
- Provide U.S. mail delivery to residents in winter months.
- Reliable and consistent attendance, in compliance with our policies, is required.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- During times of inclement weather, other duties may be performed at the option of the supervisor.
- Expected to work cooperatively with staff from all departments. Intense cooperation and strong team effort is necessary with co-workers in the department and in other departments to make the program work efficiently.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Facilities.
• Must be able to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively and perform simple math.
• Negative pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.
While resumes are appreciated, in order to be considered for current open positions, you must complete an application.
Apply online at GreenHillsRC.com/careers
Please login to apply for this job.