RN or LPN 3rd shift
Posted on 05/05/2020Green Hills Retirement Community - Ames, IA 50014
Since 1986, Green Hills has been addressing the growing needs of the retiring and senior communities. Today, Green Hills is one of two retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life Care Services (LCS), the nation's leading developer and manager of senior living communities.
We believe in the spirit of community. Green Hills is a community of shared experiences, culture, similarities and differences. We are committed to the quality of care for every resident.
Green Hills Retirement Community recognizes all that embodies the culture of service. Green Hills offers competitive wages, a rewarding experience, flexible schedules, and an excellent benefit package. Our compensation package is designed to benefit Green Hills employees personally and professionally.
Green Hills has received a 5-star rating for it's quality of care!
We are currently seeking either an RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) for a PRN or part-time Charge Nurse position on night shift. This position is responsible for the provision and supervision of direct resident care. Hours are from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Staff members who are PRN must work at least 24 hours on the floor each month, 16 out of 24 hours must been completed on a weekend.
Green Hills offers a $3 shift differential and financial assistance to help you maintain your license and further your education with Scholarships, Tuition Assistance and a Loan Repayment Program for nurses!
• Must be currently licensed RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) with the State Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Able to follow instructions in English and demonstrate an understanding of the English language.
• Able to use a computer and related applications; Microsoft Office is preferred.
• Negative pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Candidates must be able to work independently and make appropriate decisions consistent with established policies.
• Ability to supervise staff and maintain good working relationships.
• Must be able to demonstrate understanding, patience, tact, and courtesy in dealing with employees, residents, family and visitors.
• Ability to coordinate efforts toward maximum resident care.
This position operates under administrative authority and the Nurse Practice Act.
Previous supervisory experience in health care and geriatric care strongly desired.
While resumes are appreciated, in order to be considered for current open positions, you must complete an application.
Apply online at GreenHillsRC.com/Careers
Please login to apply for this job.