Landscape & Lawn Care Internship
Posted on 05/05/2020Green Hills Retirement Community - Ames, IA 50014
16 per hour Internship
Since 1986, Green Hills has been addressing the growing needs of the retiring and senior communities. Today, Green Hills is one of two retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life Care Services (LCS), the nation's leading developer and manager of senior living communities.
We believe in the spirit of community. Green Hills is a community of shared experiences, culture, similarities and differences. We are committed to the quality of care for every resident.
Green Hills Retirement Community recognizes all that embodies the culture of service. Green Hills offers competitive wages, a rewarding experience, flexible schedules, and an excellent benefit package. Our compensation package is designed to benefit Green Hills employees personally and professionally.
We are seeking a motivated, energetic person for a part-time, seasonal Landscape & Lawn Care Internship.
Essential job functions include:
• Successfully lead the development, implementation, and management of a landscape or horticulture project.
• Assures the common ground gardens, and those resident gardens not maintained by individual residents, are well groomed, free of trash, debris, weeds, and hazards.
• Creates and implements designs following standards established in the grounds management handbook as directed by the supervisor.
• Clipping, mulching, watering, fertilizing, dead heading, weeding, and suggestions for removal and/or replanting. All work to be accomplished in a thorough, neat, and professional manner including cleanup and follow-up.
• Trims, prunes, and shapes the community trees, bushes, shrubs, and plants as directed by supervisor.
Education in Horticulture, Landscape Design/Architecture, or related field required. Ability to understand and follow directions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple math. Requires use of judgment to follow instructions and standard operating procedures. Routine duties involve various procedures.
Negative pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.
While resumes are appreciated, in order to be considered for current open positions, you must complete an application.
Apply online at GreenHillsRC.com/Careers
Please login to apply for this job.