Assisted Living CNA
Posted on 05/05/2020Green Hills Retirement Community - Ames, IA 50014
15 per hour Part Time
Since 1986, Green Hills has been addressing the growing needs of the retiring and senior communities. Today, Green Hills is one of two retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life Care Services (LCS), the nation's leading developer and manager of senior living communities.
We believe in the spirit of community. Green Hills is a community of shared experiences, culture, similarities and differences. We are committed to the quality of care for every resident.
Green Hills Retirement Community recognizes all that embodies the culture of service. Green Hills offers competitive wages, a rewarding experience, flexible schedules, and an excellent benefit package. Our compensation package is designed to benefit Green Hills employees personally and professionally.
Green Hills Retirement Community, an upscale retirement community, is currently seeking applicants looking for a rewarding experience to fill part-time Certified Nursing Assistant positions in Assisted Living. Hours are available on 2nd shift (2:00 to 10:00 pm or 4:00 to 10:00 pm). We use an on-line schedule system to allow for flexible schedules.
Green Hills offers rewards for your work and dedication! If you are considering advancing your degree and skills in the work place, Green Hills has education assistance and scholarships available to assist you in furthering your education within health care.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), the CNA will:
• Assist charge nurse with the personal care of residents or provide direct care as assigned.
• Update appropriate chart for individual residents to maintain continuum of care.
• Follow safety procedures and keep the charge nurse informed of all relevant resident information through close observation.
• Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program
• State of Iowa Registration
• ServSafe Certification (within the first 30 days of hire)
• Able to follow instructions in English and demonstrate an understanding of the English language
• Able to demonstrate effectiveness in written and oral communication, perform simple arithmetic, and document/record provided care
• Able to use a computer and related applications; Microsoft Office is preferred
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Negative pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Previous experience in health care and geriatric care strongly desired.
While resumes are appreciated, in order to be considered for current open positions, you must complete an application.
Apply online at GreenHillsRC.com/Careers
Please login to apply for this job.