Finance & Investments Writer
Posted on 06/29/2021GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Finance & Investments Writer serves as the primary writer of sales, marketing, technical and faith-based collateral for the Investments line of business within GuideStone. Additionally, the individual in this position will be responsible for completing requests for proposal from interested parties seeking information about GuideStone’s investment capabilities.
What you will do:
- Perform research, build knowledge and maintain understanding of the investment industry, financial markets, faith-based investing and GuideStone products in alignment with assigned writing tasks
- Write short- and long-form collateral in support of scheduled intermediary email campaigns and other business priorities
- Create original content (technical and narrative) in volume for use in the creation of macroeconomic, investment, Fund and faith-based materials for internal audiences, external distribution and the GuideStone Funds website
- Leverage available resources — both internal and external — to develop charts, graphs and other quantitative support for written narratives
- As needed, contribute relevant ideas for content given the prevailing investment environment and interests of targeted audiences
- Develop and maintain understanding of content creation best practices and industry approaches to collateral presentation
- Produce presentations as requested by executives and other members of the Investments line of business
- Review existing collateral and website text on a regularly scheduled basis to ensure accuracy and identify and incorporate required or preferential updates
- Verify quarterly data was uploaded correctly to all existing collateral and the GuideStone Funds website
- Respond to requests for proposal from broker-dealer firms, registered investment advisors, consultants, retirement plan sponsors, institutional investors and other interested parties
- Proof content created within the Investments line of business for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- As needed, coordinate with Marketing Brand Management to validate and enhance style guides and writing standards for GuideStone’s Investments line of business
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business or equivalent experience
- Working understanding of investment vehicles, strategies, philosophies and terminology
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate complicated financial topics in clear, direct language
- Successfully juggle multiple projects comprising different topics and having competing deadlines
- Modify writing tone and level of detail/technicality as determined by content theme, target audience and/or lead generation goals
- Coordinate review of materials and incorporate feedback from subject matter experts across multiple business functions
- Experience completing investment management requests for proposal
- Active member of an evangelical church
- Desire to work in a Christian environment and help educate financial professionals and investors about faith-based investing
- Must provide writing samples upon request and be willing to complete a financial writing assignment as part of the interview process
Please login to apply for this job.