Temporary Sr Payroll Specialist
Posted on 01/04/2021Search and Staff - Dallas , TX 75202
26.00 (Negotiable) per hour Contract
YES WE ARE HIRING!
Our Mission here at Search and Staff is Connecting people to opportunity and opportunity to people! We are a plug and play Staffing Firm ready to put people to work and help them find jobs.
We currently have a very prominent client in the Dallas Texas Area Transportation Industry in need of a strong Temporary Sr Payroll Specialist. If you meet the below requirements we want to hear from you please apply and contact us today.
Location: Dallas Texas 75202
Mon-Fri 8-5pm (Some Remote)
Salary -Starting $26hrly (Negotiable)
1. Responsible for maintaining employee payroll information in Lawson PR such as general deductions, garnishments, levies, direct deposit information, 401k deductions and additional earnings. Create reports using crystal report writer.
2. Reviews and edits payroll audit reports prior to payroll processing. Verify accuracy of information and communicate with departments when changes or adjustments need to be made. Verify all transactions entered on-line or interfaced from external sources.
3. Processes manual checks and other special supplemental payroll checks. Assists with W2 processing and revised W2?cs.
4. Prepares reviews and distributes audit reports used to identify and correct out of balance records, over payments, invalid federal and FICA wages, excessive overtime, etc. Maintain related payroll records and files for documentation purposes.
5. Researches questions pertaining to payroll and provides support to resolve payroll issues with department management. Provides ongoing communication and assistance in interpreting different pay policies and practices.
6. Communicate with external agencies (law offices, family court, state agencies, federal agencies, banks, mortgage companies, etc.) to provide requested employee payroll information.
7. Understands the functionality of the Kronos Advanced Scheduler and how time translates into the timecard. Reviews Kronos Genie Reports to audit employee time weekly.
8. Responsible for testing Kronos data entry of worked time, vacation/earned time, sick, holiday, other special earnings, regular time reclassification and redistribution from timesheets and other documentation submitted by departments.
9. Reviews payroll data, scheduling data, time sheets, prior week adjustments, and special pay forms prepared by departments, ensuring that the data is properly documented and authorized.
1. Associate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field. Three (3) to Five (5) years of Payroll experience.
2. Good verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
3. Must have a high level of competency with Excel; Must have strong computer skills; Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to include Windows, word processing, spreadsheet, and database. Typical office equipment such as copier, typewriter, calculator, facsimile, etc.
4. Time and Attendance Implementations.
5. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside of organization.
6. Strong organizational skills are required to identify and prioritize deadlines across multiple assignments. Attention to detail and deadline oriented.
7. Analytical ability to find solutions to problems.
8. MUST HAVE Knowledge of the following systems: Lawson - Payroll, Crystal Report Writer and Kronos Time and Attendance.
· Experience and /or some working knowledge of these tools:
(Exp or Knowledge with at least 2 out of 3 or ALL)
· Crystal Reporting, 1 year
· Lawson , 1 year
· Kronos, 1 year
· 3-5 yrs payroll exp (REQUIRED)
· Associate / Bachelor's (Preferred)
Please login to apply for this job.